Enter a quarterly haiku contest to win signed copies of the book!
The winning haiku and honorable mentions will be published on this site.
- Poets can be any age. Prizes and honorable mentions could be awarded in multiple age categories.
- Haiku entries do not have to follow the 5-7-5 syllable pattern of the haiku in the book. They only need to consist of three short lines.
- An email address (of an adult contact in cases of children with no email accounts of their own) must be supplied. This will never be published or sold, and will only be used to notify the winners and honorable mentions, unless permission is given for additional updates via the checkbox at the bottom of this form.
- The full names, ages, and cities and states (if provided) of all contest winners and honorable mentions could be published on this site and its social networking feeds along with the poems.
- First time winners will get a signed copy of Basho's Haiku Journeys. All winners will get a postcard with an original haiku composed by me in response to your winning haiku.
- The deadlines for each quarter will be the end of January, April, July, and October. Any entries received after those dates will be entered into the following quarter's contest.
- I (Freeman Ng, the author of Basho's Haiku Journeys) will be the judge of the contest. So my friends and family members aren't eligible to enter. (But can always just ask me for a signed copy of the book!)
- I'll announce the winners and honorable mentions within a week of each quarter's deadline.